Saturday, December 26, 2009

Will my printer scan without ink?

I realize scanning doesn't require ink, but I have no ink cartridges in my printer. I lost the cd after I had to system restore and had to dl the driver off the int. So it realizes the printer is there, but is calling it ';HP PSC 1400v All-in-one'; instead of 1410v... does that matter? I dled the right driver, but it ';updated'; to 1400. So I don't want to buy ink unless I know my printer is useful to me. However, will it not work unless there's a cartridge in it? Thanks in advance!Will my printer scan without ink?
scanning doesn't required ink...at least you want to print it out after scanningWill my printer scan without ink?
I have a printer w/out print cartriges Model: ';hp psc 1513 series'; It says that it does not have cartriges. In most cases the hp printers that are psc's cannot scan w/out cartriges cause cartriges are its high priority. the scanner and pict bridge is low priority. doesn't it say that? Report Abuse

Not all psc's of OTHER BRANDS can't scan w/out print cartriges. HP is mostly focused on print quality Report Abuse

NOT necessary to install a driver other than yours the V there is the improved brother of the model ex hp psc 1513 series and hp psc 1513v series(improved/optimised) or psc 1400 and psc 1400v Report Abuse

Maybe your printer will scan without ink but you should get the correct drivers first from hp.com. Click ';support'; and find the drivers and download section.





Some of hp printers will work without ink but it varies from model to model. Only way to find out is to connect it and try.
Yes it should scan without ink. However if you would like to buy new ink for your HP printer you can buy it cheaply here.


http://inkjetinkcartridge.net/index.php?鈥?/a>
Yeah I tried to scan something..but my printer was telling me to put ink cartridges when it was trying to boot up. So no, you can't scan without ink cartridges inside your printer unless your printer lets you.
Yes.


It should.


Once scaned you can save it as an image document or pdf...
I am pretty sure it does, at least on mine:)
OF COURSE IT DOES U IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





ASK YOU SELF DOES THE MONITOR NEED INK THEN
yes

No comments:

Post a Comment