Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I refilled my DELL SERIES 7 cartridge, I know it's full but the printer still says low ink, how can I fix this?

Never had a Dell but most other makes of printer don't show ink levers as full on refilled cartridges so I would think Dell are the same. On some makes, like Epson and Canon, that have chipped cartidges you can buy a chip re-setter that allows it to fool printer into thinking it has had new cartridge installed when it hasn't. Others you can overide manual to still print but it still wont reset ink levels. If it prints then be lucky as a lot of the newer printers being made are made so that they wont even print with either refilled of compatibles let alone show ink levels.





Edit


Found this on Internet.


http://www.inkbank.com.au/category55_1.h鈥?/a>I refilled my DELL SERIES 7 cartridge, I know it's full but the printer still says low ink, how can I fix this?
Your printer may not recognize the correct ink levels because it is holding the memory from the previously used cartridges. However, a printer reset should resolve the recognition problem. To reset your printer please follow these instructions: 鈥?Remove ALL cartridges 鈥?Turn off printer 鈥?Unplug the printer from the power source for a full 5 minutes 鈥?Reverse steps. Plug back in, turn on printer and install all cartridges

No comments:

Post a Comment