Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Why does my lexmark printer print red ink?

When my ink cartridge was running low, I was happy for my print-outs to come out in the red ink that was still left in the catridge. My computer asked me to print an alignment page, which obviously came out red (instead of the normal blue) which I then I had to scan.





Now, I have put a new refilled cartridge into my printer - but all my print-outs still come out red - how can I fix this? I assume it's because I have aligned the printer according to the red ink (when the catridge was running out).





Please help!





Thanks.Why does my lexmark printer print red ink?
When you run out of ink the print head dries and clogs (apart from the red) you can try using one of the print head cleaner solutions available and purging the print head with one of the maintenance settings otherwise you will need to send it back for a new printheadWhy does my lexmark printer print red ink?
It is actually only printing red because you have clogged print heads.





Run a couple print head cleanings to see if that solves your issue, however it is likely you will have to replace the cartridge.
Try giving the new cartridge a little shake to get the ink moving - maybe it's been sitting in the package too long %26amp; needs some encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment