Saturday, December 26, 2009

Desktop Printer question about ink cartdriges?

I was just wondering. I have a Tri-Color Print Cartridge that's almost running out of ink, and it's not creating high quality pictures when I print with it. But it still has a enough ink left so that I can print color things in which I don't mind the quality too much. I do have another ink cartridge that is brand new, and I was wondering if it was possible that I open the new one, replace it, print out the high quality picture that I need, then take it out, put it in some aluminum foil, and replace the old one. Will that just dry out the new ink cartridge if I take it out and don't use it?





I don't mean to sound cheap...but these ink cartridges are $80 each...and I'd like to conserve as much as possible.Desktop Printer question about ink cartdriges?
You're playing with fire...





If you have the type of printer where the print head in not part of the cartridge, you're burning out your print head with that dry cartridge. It's the ink running through the print heads that keeps them cool and functioning.





If you have the type of printer where the print heads are part of the cartridge, you could still do damage. The print heads will melt and fry when not fed enough ink. This can cause short circuits that will fry the delicate electronics in your printer that control the ink flow.





I've found through trial and error that always promptly replacing an empty cartridge with another one made by the printer's manufacturer may seem expensive, but you'll find yourself shopping for a printer far less often.Desktop Printer question about ink cartdriges?
buy the substitute or remanufactured for a lower price or print them on someone else's printer or at a photo place.
you can just switch the two catridges any time you want.
Wrap the old cartridge in some cello, not foil, this should do the trick for you.
yes you can but make sure you keep it in a air tight bag (zip lock) or it may dry out
$80 each?! what kind of printer do you have?
If you've got like a little gel pad or something, that would keep the old one moist. Otherwise I thnk it would dry out yes.
We have had our share of ink problems too. If you open a package and don't use the ink at least once or twice per month, the darn thing dries up. We wasted $60 once on a brand new cartridge. We did not know it HAD to be used each month.

No comments:

Post a Comment