Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My Canon-MP600 All-in-One printer only uses the PGI-5BK Ink and not the cli-8bk Ink?

Title has to basically do with the same thing....I have a cannon all in one printer (MP600) and it has 2 black ink tanks..





Problem I have is that it only uses ONE of those ink tanks the PGI-5BK and not the other cli-8bk ink





Anybody know how to fix this? Because my cli-8bk ink is full and my PGI-5Bk keeps continously running out..and its making me mad!My Canon-MP600 All-in-One printer only uses the PGI-5BK Ink and not the cli-8bk Ink?
First person is correct. I have the MP610 so have the two black inks and my 5 goes while the 8 is full. The reason the printer has two black inks is because one is dye based (the 8) and the other pigment based (5) these have different functions. One is better for text and the other is better for graphics. That is why you use more of one more as you are probably printing out more of one sort of printout and so the other black is not needed for the job.





http://www.oddparts.com/ink/faq19.htmMy Canon-MP600 All-in-One printer only uses the PGI-5BK Ink and not the cli-8bk Ink?
PGI-5BK is for photo printing, CLI-8BK is for regular printing(black and white), so you can let the printer only print black and white papers, then it might work.
I believe I have seen a way to trick the printer


to use both cartridges by using different settings.





I would ask this question at


http://www.inktelligent.com


(they have free printer support by pros)

No comments:

Post a Comment