Friday, December 25, 2009

Printer print white ink?

I have a black and white cartridge and a colored one, and I want this picture in color, but I'm going to cut off some of it, so I use paint and erase the parts I don't want, but when i save it, it's still a square (now with white where I erased/colored white), so I'm asking when I print it, does the printer use white ink (in the color cartridge) to fill in the white because it is part of the picture??Printer print white ink?
You really don't have a black and white cartridge. You have a black ink cartridge and a tri-color cartridge that has Cyan, Magenta and Yellow for colors. When you print on white paper, anything that is white in the picture will be left blank on the paper and thus is white, no ink is applied in white areas. I am currently not aware of any white ink cartridges available for printers as there is probably not a significant market for them to make it profitable. When you print any pictures that require color the printer mixes the existing colors together to obtain the various other colors and shades that are required other than white.





Hope that explains it well enough.
  • camcorders
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment