Friday, December 25, 2009

My Epson printer uses color ink when I tell it ';Black ink only!!';?

I have an epson stylus cx5000 and in print options, i choose BLACK INK ONLY but i always notice the color cartridges going down, even though i only use it for black ink.





I dont see any color ink coming out but i have to keep replacing the color cartridges! is this some epson scam? HOw do i fix this? I only want to use black


My Epson printer uses color ink when I tell it ';Black ink only!!';?
Hi Urb





Does it conme with one black separate cartrdige or is everything combined under one cartdrige.





If it's combined, than the printer is using the 3 colors to get black. If their are 2 cartridges, then go in the setting of your printing software and choose, Print all text in black.My Epson printer uses color ink when I tell it ';Black ink only!!';?
Jung, you are wrong about what you said. I confirmed with Epson and a representative told me that regardless of the print setting, you will always lose a small amount of color ink when printing in black. However, large amount is used when you enable the setting of combining colors to make black. Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment