Wednesday, December 30, 2009

HP Printer tells me I don't have ink but I still do! What do I do?

My printer's an HP Printer and it's always telling me that I'm out of black and colored ink. Even though I doubted I ran out of ink, I still tried switching the ink with a new cartridge-but it STILL reports that it's out of ink.





I need to print out invitations TODAY and I really need help with this. Does anyone know what's wrong and how I can fix this?HP Printer tells me I don't have ink but I still do! What do I do?
Did you use ';genuine'; HP inks of the right model for the priunter ?





If so, contact HP suppolrt as it might be a fault.





There is always a little in in the tanks when it reports empty, but they use 15ml from a 15ml ';quoted'; tank any excessis ';reserve'; to prevent the heads drying out, overheating and killing themselves should it run totally dry.HP Printer tells me I don't have ink but I still do! What do I do?
its telling you the ink is low i have an HP all in one
It would help if you provided the model...





Ok it can be your firmware. What is firmware? Well it runs your device (printer). It tells your hardware how to work. It is possible HP messed up and you have a bad version of firmware. Goto the HP website and check for firmware update. Try to apply the newest firmware to your printer.





You can also try to COLD reset your printer. Unplug the power from your printer. Remove all your ink. Plug in your power and hold down the OK button. Let the printer startup and complain about no ink. Release the OK button. Turn off the printer using the power button. Put the ink back in. Power up the printer using your power button.
The electrical contacts inside the printer may have become contaminated with ink, preventing a good connection. Try removing the ink cartridges and cleaning the contacts (both in the printer and on the cartridge) with a foam swab moistened with alcohol. Try to avoid using cotton swabs, because they can leave fibers inside the printer that may cause problems.





Silly question, but I have to ask - you *did* remove the protective strips from the cartridges before you installed them, right? %26lt;G%26gt;
when the printer runs out of ink, you must do more then just replace the ink in the printer. for example takeout the empty cartridge and replace it with a full one and then close the printer cover hoping that it will work you must also use the printer software program as well.





Click on Start.


Click on printer and fax's.


Click on your printer Icon.


Right click and choose printing preference's.


Choose the tab maintenance.


choose the option that says ';Ink Cartridge Replacement';.


once this opens just follow the on screen instructions to replace the ink.


when you have done this the computer will now till the printer that the ink has been replaced and you wont get the message saying that you need to replace the ink cartridge.


good luck
are you plugging in those cartridges right?


anyway, hp has good support. you can go on their site and chat with them... or call them. For urgent matter, dont try to fix it, but spend the time to look for a person/place where you can print your invitations.. today.

No comments:

Post a Comment