Friday, December 25, 2009

I have a lexmark printer and I have the black ink cartdrige installed, but it won't print black, help?

Whats the problem, its a new printer I just installed it and it only prints colored things. PLEASE HELP!I have a lexmark printer and I have the black ink cartdrige installed, but it won't print black, help?
Is the port clogged for the black ink? Also I have bought brand new ink cartridges and they were bad (so wouldn't put out the ink) and returned them for a different one and that one worked fine. Try cleaning the heads/ports and if that doesn't take care of it, return the cartridge and for a new one/different one (that one may be no good). Also on the slim off chance, make sure it isn't in backwards. I do know someone who did that. She didn't know how to change one, as her husband had always done it. I had to show her how to put it in right.I have a lexmark printer and I have the black ink cartdrige installed, but it won't print black, help?
Has it worked before? Some Lexmark only work on windows 98.
Check to see if you have it in properly.
Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but have you removed the strip of tape on the cartridge? Well, it happened to me once!
Did you forget to remove the protective strip on the black cartridge?? Remove the black cartridge, turn printer off. Power it back on and wait for the printer to prompt you to install, that way you can have a reset detection of the cartridge. Also check your manual for only color to print, as well as your driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment