Friday, December 25, 2009

Printer out of ink or problem?

I have a hp deskjet 3322 printer. I've recently been trying to print out a paper and I can see that the ink is low. However, whenever the printer is out of ink it alerts me when trying to print. This time my paper is printing out only it's first page and the text is gray rather then black. Then it just spits out the other paper without any text. Should I just try refilling the ink or could this be another problem since it's not alerting me?Printer out of ink or problem?
sounds like you're really out of ink (not just low -- you're completely out of ink).Printer out of ink or problem?
I think you need a maintenance overhaul of your printer.





(1) Take out all your ink cartridges and make sure they are filled





(2) Take out your printer head and with a twin tip dipped in alcohol clean all the heads (round circles where the ink is heated and sprayed through to the paper.) Use one end of the tip to scour and the other end to wipe clean





(3) Then go to control panel, then printers and faxes, then document, then to maintenance and cleaning (might have to look up you manual if you don't know how to get to the cleaning page.








(4) Do ';deep cleaning'; four times





Now reassemble your print head in place and put your cartridges back in place.





(5) Now do a sample printout which shows how each color is responding. Each bar has a different color and they should all be equal.





You should be getting a full printout by now unless there is something more serious.





Sadly the computer stores NEVER help you with printing problems. Every machine in the world needs periodic maintenance, just like your car. But the computer stores would rather sell you a new printer.





Mine is 5 years old and I constantly perform the above tasks on mine and it runs like the day I bought it.





Hope this helps. Good luck.
  • camcorders
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment