Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Canon Pixma MP610 Printer - newly replaced ink cartridge is said to be empty?

I have just replaced the large black ink cartridge in my Canon Pixma MP610 Printer using a refilled cartridge. So far it has been printing fine but when I check the current ink levels it shows me a red circle with a white ';x'; over the large black ink cartridge to indicate that it has run out of ink. I have since tried cleanning it and running a nozzle cleaning with no luck. When I ran a nozzle check pattern it looked good but still the level readings indicate the cartridge is empty.Canon Pixma MP610 Printer - newly replaced ink cartridge is said to be empty?
It will not read full with refills. You have chipped cartridges and as such the printer needs a new chip to tell it there is ink. It will still print but it will NEVER re-set the ink levels - I have the same model.





You can buy a chip re-setter that will re-programme the chip to read full which is what I do. In the link below is what you need to look for as this from UK site and it's a marvellous thing. I have used mine over and over. I have not bought a new cartridge in 6 months because of it.


http://www.phoenixdirectukshop.co.uk/aca…Canon Pixma MP610 Printer - newly replaced ink cartridge is said to be empty?
To prevent the printer showing ';no inks'; or “not recognize” when installing these compatible cartridges, please try to follow these instructions below:


1) Turn on the printer; take out the old used cartridges


2) Turn off the printer for a few minutes


3) Turn on the printer, when it says ';insert inks';, and then insert the compatible cartridges one by one, making sure the cartridges are sitting completely in the slots.


Please shake the cartridges and use the alcohol cloth to clean the cartridge head.


Hope you can use your printer very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment