Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Is paper that has been written on or has printer or pen ink on safe for rats?

I am trying to cut paper into small pieces quickly to at least half fill a ten gallon aquarium for my rats to play in, because I have heard they love it. I got some clean white paper that I am trying to cut into very small pieces (Taking forever as I don't have a paper shredder) but I am pretty sure my mom will complain about this and possibly dump it. ( I will try to take to school and recycle when done with it but probably not as it will have to be dirty before I am done with it, with poop or pee or just rotting or something) So, I thought I might cut up used paper or something. But I know with newspaper you should only use soy based ink (not that I know how to check if it has soy based ink or not) and I am pretty sure I shouldn't use that, but would it be okay for this? Or if it just has pencil on it? or notebook paper, or printer paper?





Please help. Oh, and if you know, do you think this is safe to do in the first place, I think that the paper would be sharp and poke them, maybe even in the eye, so I am not completely sure On this. Sure, there is newspaper, but I am not sure on that.Is paper that has been written on or has printer or pen ink on safe for rats?
Actually, I used shredded toilet paper! I have hamsters that love digging in the shoebox full of it. People use index cards for birds, so I guess clean paper is ok...Is paper that has been written on or has printer or pen ink on safe for rats?
Yeah, i'd be worried about them getting poked with the edges too. I've always used newspaper, though I rarely keep my rats in cages.
You can buy a bag of soft paper stuff from pet stores for about 拢2/$4, wouldnt that be cheaper and a lot easier?
it may hurt them with the writing on it, because if they eat paper with ink or led on it, they could get sick.
I use ripped up toilet paper and newspaper for my rat and she loves it.. im sure as a pet lover like i am getting a bit worried about if there going to poke there eye(s) on the paper but remember rats are really intelligent and know were the sharp corners are as they move it themselves to make there bed...i also agree with one person who said buy the ready shredded paper from the pet shop. As that is basically made for there beds.


i would use cotton wool balls,shredded newspaper.toilet paper and recycled paper and also the shredded paper from the pet shop to make there lives all comfy and nice for them..as well as using sawdust...they do deserve the best comfort in life.





hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment