Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I have a new Epson DX7450 printer. It has new ink cartidges. It is installed, set as the default printer....

....and is online. There is nothing wrong with the ink as I can photocopy a coloured document with no problem. When I try to print pictures from my computer, I get an error message saying the ink is empty !? any ideas anyone ? Thanks !I have a new Epson DX7450 printer. It has new ink cartidges. It is installed, set as the default printer....
Use it's properties page to find the tools section, tell it to change cartridge and pretend to change them. This may fool it into resetting it's levels. If they are not genuine Epson cartridges this may not work, one reason why I never use Epson myself.I have a new Epson DX7450 printer. It has new ink cartidges. It is installed, set as the default printer....
The inkjet protection has been taken off the cartridge hasn't it??





Remove the cartridge and insure that has been done.





Sarge
Have you touched the chip on the cartridge? If you have, this could make the printer think the cartridge is empty and if this is the case you may have to put new cartridges in(without touching the chip with your fingers)





Photocopying is a different matter as the computer is not used. The printer monitoring programme is only running when printing through the computer and it is then that the false ink level would be displayed and the offending colour could be identified.





Unfortunately this is the printer manufacturers method of ensuring that you do not refill the cartridge with another company's ink. On the plus side there is a way to reset the chip to give an always full reading.
Turn on printer. press Ctrl+P for the folder to appear, click preference, tab maintenence.

1 comment: